As most of you know, E* and I really enjoying moving and as such, decided to kick off the summer with a move to another apartment in the same zip code. Last Saturday was the big day, though we started with just our car on Friday. To cut right to the chase, this move was BRUTAL. We were hit with snafus on all fronts.
Here's a handy summary list to guide you through subsequent posts (see how optimistic I am that I'll get multiple posts out of this? That essentially dooms me to failure as I rarely follow through on specific promises w/r/t posting.)
- How Comcast kept E* prisoner for 7 hrs.
- Patio Furniture
- The little Budget Truck that Couldn't
- Caribbean Festival, aka Georgia Avenue Blockade
- Dawn's car
- Sharing the freight elevator and loading dock
- The Freight-to-Level G2 Shuffle
- Cleaning the old apartment
- Parking anywhere = illegal
Our lovely view from the balcony. Admittedly it gets a little loud when the sliding glass doors are open, but we got to see a minor car accident as it happened the first night we moved in. That's worth something, right?