Friday, October 26, 2007

The Monkeys are Loud

But they are very comfy.
I finished them last night after the extremely satisfying Sox game :)
I wanted to finish them DURING the game, but halfway through grafting the toe, the people for whom we were babysitting came home and you know it's impossible to graft and be sociable. So I calmly noted where I left off, packed them into my bag, watched the last 2 innings at their house, and drove home. Erich fell asleep immediately (probably had something to do with the fact that it was almost 1 am and he had to get up at 4:30. But I was convinced I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until the toe was closed.


15 minutes later, sock #2 was done! I got up to go change the project's status in Ravelry (yes, I'm that bad) but a little voice inside me said that would be cheating since I hadn't woven in the ends yet. I was torn for a moment about whether to stay up even later to weave in the ends (thereby allowing me to declare it finished in Ravelry) or just go to bed. It was a quick moment. I got back down to business and was able to sleep soundly knowing I had a brand new pair of handknit socks to wear to work the next day.

So clearly, the answer to that question from earlier this summer is yes, I am keeping them. I still maintain that this colorway is way too loud for the monkey pattern. But I will not dwell on that anymore and will just enjoy the fact that I made them and the yarn is sproingy between my feet and my danskos.

4 comments:

MikaJ said...

NICE 'SKOS!!!!
(yes, that deserves all caps!)

Passionknitly said...

yeah, those things are sweet.

since you haven't talked about them on your blog though, for posterity's sake, what kind of yarn DID you use?

Tracykins said...

Nice socks...and we've already discussed the shoes!

MikaJ said...

oh yeah, and i love your new color scheme and logo!